Can the Law Office of Keith A. Seagull of Pomona California help me with my workers’ compensation?
The Law Offices of Keith A. Seagull specialize in helping you file a workers’ compensation claim and explain what your options are. If you have already filed a claim that was contested or denied, we will represent you in challenging the decision and help protect your rights. You may not know what you are entitled to or what the necessary steps to take are when starting a workers’ compensation claim but we are here to help.
California workers’ compensation law protects you if you were injured on the job. You have the right to medical treatment and monetary compensation for lost wages. Whether you suffered a specific injury, such as a fall, or a cumulative injury, such as wrist pain, back pain or knee pain as a result of traumatic job tasks performed for an extended length of time, you are entitled to workers’ compensation. In most cases it doesn’t matter who is at fault for the injury. If you had a specific on-the-job injury, it’s important that you report the injury to your employer as soon as possible. Otherwise your employer may not be able to properly investigate the injury, and you could lose your rights to workers’ compensation benefits. If your injury is cumulative meaning it developed over time, you must report it as soon as you suspect that the injury is work-related. Once you are ready to fill out a claim for workers’ compensation, the Law Offices of Keith A. Seagull can give you the advice you need.
Did you know there are at least 5 different types of Workers’ Compensation benefits?
- Medical Care: Your employer is responsible for providing the medical treatment you need to recover from your injury even if you were at fault.
- Temporary Disability Benefits: If your injury temporarily prevents you from working, you still have to pay the bills. Workers’ compensation assures that you receive payments while you are recovering.
- Permanent Disability Benefits: If you have permanent partial disability from your on-the-job injury, you can receive benefits even if you are able to go back to work.
- Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits: If you can no longer perform your job because of your injury, you may be entitled to financial help to train you for a different job.
- Death Benefits: If your spouse, parent or someone else upon whom you were dependent has died from a work-related injury or illness, you may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation payments.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
At the law office of Keith A. Seagull we pride ourselves on being a trusted name for all legal advice in the Pomona area. Many injured workers are unaware of the complex, frustrating process of filing for workers’ compensation benefits. At The Law Offices of Keith A. Seagull we’re dedicated to helping our clients navigate the system to collect the benefits that are rightfully theirs. If you have already filed for workers’ compensation, it is likely you will receive an offer from your employer’s insurance company that is less than the value of your case. The wisest decision you can make is to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney before agreeing to any offer. Timing is everything and you shouldn’t accept any offer when you haven’t been given adequate information.
You have questions, and we have answers…
Call Today! (909) 397-7400
We will be happy to discuss your case and recommend the best steps to take.